Re: Origin of Birds-arboreal biped

At 12:37 PM 12/17/97 -0500, T. Mike Keesey wrote:
>"Mouse-sized"? Wasn't it nearly a meter long? That's one big mouse!

That is what I used to think, but the Pterosauromorpha article in currie
and Padian's book corrected me.

Still I remembered it somewhat wrong yet.  Rechecking the book, I get 18
cm, less than 0.2 meter.

So, it looks like we were both wrong.  I should have said rat-sized.

>That's still a decent size for arboreality, I guess. It had really
>long legs, though.

Well, it *was* a desert beast.  Still, if it didn't have arboreal, or at
least scansorial, relatives, I would be very surprised.

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com