Re: Ceratopsians: sprawling or straight?

>I know Greg Paul says they couldn't have sprawled because trackways
>prove otherwise.  Good point.  But hasn't it been determined that it
>would've been physically impossible for ceratopsians (or ceratopians,
if
>you're so inclined) to fit their legs under their torsos in a
rhino-like
>manner?  How much of this is a Bakkeristic "they were like rhinos
>because they are cooler that way?"
>
>Hey, just asking.
>
>Larry

Steven Czerkas claims (and has illustrated in Dinosaurs: a global view)
that it was some kind of "high sprawl."  He also claims that articulated
skeletons will bear this out.  The illustration shows a ceratopsian that
is massively pigeon-toed-- his feet turn almost directly inward.  This
doesn't seem to jive with any trackways I know of (not that I know lot).

Joshua Dyal
j_dyal@hotmail.com