Re: Megaraptor? (or a few others)

Jaime A. Headden wrote:

>And we're still forgetting the Madagascarian sickle-claw, who looks
>rather similar to *Archaeopteryx* in a few details, but closer to
>dromaeosaurids than anything else.

And for that matter, what about Archaeopteryx itself?  Wasn't there some
evidence that it had a sickle-claw too?  Maybe it started out as a
hook-and-spur climbing adaptation or something, later modified in
secondarily flightless forms into a weapon exclusively?  And _if_ that is
the case woudn't that make sickle-claws the best candidates for feathered
theropods?

Seth Ellestad.