Re: (fwd) Re: Mammals as a cause of Dinosaur extinction

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Rob Meyerson wrote:

> I would call this coincidence.  Take a look at your typical placental from
> that time.  It did not have the jaws to become any serious threat for young
> dinosaurs.  Actually, placental development seems to make
> more sense as a defence from dinosaurs like Troodon who actively hunted
them.

How much evidence for this is there?--Its sounds like a
reasonable argument for placentalism(keep'em indoors 'till they can @
least run away to some extent), but i'd like to know how much support for
this there is in the paleo community...

Thanks,

----Steve