Re: (fwd) Re: Mammals as a cause of Dinosaur extinction

The Armadillo with the Mask wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Rob Meyerson wrote:
>
> > I would call this coincidence.  Take a look at your typical placental from
> > that time.  It did not have the jaws to become any serious threat for young
> > dinosaurs.  Actually, placental development seems to make
> > more sense as a defence from dinosaurs like Troodon who actively hunted
> them.
>
> How much evidence for this is there?--Its sounds like a
> reasonable argument for placentalism(keep'em indoors 'till they can @
> least run away to some extent), but i'd like to know how much support for
> this there is in the paleo community...
>
> Thanks,
>
> ----Steve

     I have about a half pence I would like add...It seems to me that egg
attrition would be a very strong incentive for holding on to the egg as long
as possible,to eventually become a placental birth. environmental egg attrition
 should also considered.
                                           Enjoy the Holidays
                                           Earl Wood
                                           frog@cncnet.com