Re: Gastroliths in Chinese theropods

In a message dated 97-12-20 10:35:49 EST, m_troutman@hotmail.com writes:

<< I own three birds; a lovebird, a parakeet, and a Senegal parrot. The
 small lovebird and the parakeet tend to ingest more stones then my
 senegal. The senegal hardly touches the stones. And it is true that the
 small birds tend to get agitatated with no stones ( in fact it is
 recommended that you leave stones all over so they will ingest them or
 otherwise they may go through "crop rot" or something like that.)

Interesting. According to some e-mails I got on the subject, parrots indeed
seem to use few if any gastroliths. Must be a species thing.