Dinosaur TV Week

Here are some highlights of U.S. national television programming
concerning dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, all times Eastern:

Sunday, December 21

PBS (Check local listings -- day and time may vary)
Firing Line
"Resolved: Evolutionists Should Acknowledge Creation"
With Barry Lynn, Philip E. Johnson, Michael Ruse, and of course His
Nibs.  It's always fascinating to watch intelligent Republicans deal
with this constituent-sensitive topic.

Monday, December 22

TRAVEL Channel, 4:00am
Outdoor Journal
"Texas Dude Ranch"
Includes segment on Alberta's many dinosaurs.

Tuesday, December 23

PBS, 8:00pm (time and day may vary -- check listings)
Nova
"Mammoths of the Ice Age"
New evidence that Mammoths may have survived the Ice Age and almost
avoided extinction, whatever that means.

Wednesday, December 24

History Channel, 12:00 Noon, 5:00pm
The Real West
"Dinosaur Hunters of the Old West"
Famous Western dinosaur explorers Marsh and Cope didn't always see eye
to eye.

Thursday, December 25

Disney Channel, 3:20pm
Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas
Dinosaurs and the California Raisins tour the Land of Christmas.  For
children of all ages, and adults.

Friday, December 26

AMC, 11:00pm
The Beast From 20,000 Fanthoms
The Rhedosaur.  'Nuff said.  One of Harryhausen's finest.

Saturday, December 27

SCIFI Channel, 3:00pm
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Who will win?  Who knows?  All that's for sure is that Don King will
walk away much richer.  Personally I find this to be the most
entertaining of these absurd movies.

Sunday, December 28

Discovery Channel, 9:30am
Bonehead Detectives of the Paleoworld
Children's program about paleontology.  This episode: "T. rex the
Destroyer".  A much-needed look at the underexposed little critter.  I
thought it was classed as a light cruiser . . .

If you're not adult, look away now.

OK adults, there's some channel called STARZ that has a program (a
movie?) called Solitaire For Two about a Body Language expert (don't we
all know one?) who woos an uptight paleontologist (same comment) who can
read men's dirty thoughts.  [Insert joke here.]

Generic season's greetings --

Larry