Re: DINOSAUR digest 514

In a message dated 97-12-22 03:04:07 EST, sj@io.com writes:

<< Dinogeorge >> Interesting. According to some e-mails I got on the subject,
 parrots indeed seem to use few if any gastroliths. Must be a species thing.

 Less need for them, I should think . . . especially in the larger parrots,
 that beak is capable of cutting, crushing or otherwise destroying anything
 before it's swallowed. Or destroying it just for fun; ask anyone owned by a
 macaw. >>

This strikes me as a reasonable explanation.