The "obvious" poll

   Norm King once wrote to this list that it was "obvious even to a child
that birds are not dinosaurs."  This idea was recently stated by others on
the list during the 1,000,006,578,593,493rd resurrection of the cladistics
thread.

   Before its recent resurrection, I started conducting a poll to determine
whether this idea was in fact true.  The poll wrapped up on Friday, and the
results and analysis are available in my Journal, at
http://www.dinosauria.com, in the article "Is it true that birds are
'obviously' not dinosaurs?"

   If you wish to debate the results, make sure you read the accompanying
text first (excepting  Mickey, who's given mixed signals on whether he
thinks one needs to read an article before commenting on it).