Re: Nanotyrannus

At 03:28 PM 2/1/97 -0600, Joe Daniel wrote:
>Both Tim Williams and Dr. Holtz mentioned in posts that there is some
>thought that Nanotyrannus may be a juvenile.  I was under the impression
>that Bakker had done a CAT scan or some such on a nanotryannus skull and
>showed good evidence that it was an adult.  I am assuming from your
>posts that this view has come under fire recently.  Why and has there
>been anything published that I might be able to get ahold of?

Thomas Carr presented a paper on this topic at the 1996 Society of
Vertebrate Paleontology meeting in NYC.  I do not know where/when he will
get around to a print version of this paper.

Bakker's CAT scans have not been published, but hopefully Carr's presention
may encourage final publication.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661

        --O.C. Marsh, Vice Presidential Address, AAAS, August 30, 1877