Re: Theropod Bias?

Tom Holtz writes:

>Whereas "theropod" is a perfectly reasonable vernacular form of the formal
>"Theropoda"

The system I used allowed for kewords like "theropo?", which would cover all
variations of "theropod."

>Nevertheless, the real reason is that theropods are way cooler than anything
>else that ever lived, so it is only natural that they get more air time.
>(Oh, were my biases showing again... :-)

I still think ceratopians are cooler.  Actually, looking for horned dinosaur
references is what sparked my other searches; especially since I found so few.

So the moral of the story is that if someone wants to do dinosaur research,
avoid theropods (any new publication is liable to be lost in the sea of
literature).

Rob Meyerson
Orphan Vertebrate Paleontologist
***
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."
        -Susan Ivanova