RE: new aspect of extinction

OK-(sheesh) I have gone back and re-read the post twice now to be sure.
 I DID mis-read it

 I see what you mean-I believe he means Photo-sensitive to mean light
pattern that can be affected by weather.  I don't think this is how the
photoreceptor of the pineal gland works, rather it works like a timer of
how long it's exposed to daylight-which wouldn't change unless we had an
eclipse or something.  Normal light-shifts due to cloud pattern don't
affect it-or so I believe.

 But the rest of the reasoning is pretty close, darn it.......

 -Betty