Cetacean Origins

Hi, all:

As part of a research project (doing background research to teach a unit
on cetacean origins), I'm looking for current views on cetacean origins,
particularly Mesonichid (sp.?) ancestry.  Watching "Dinosaurs and Beyond"
on TLC raised some serious questions regarding this association (even
among High School students :-)), as it seemed like the evidence was
contrived at best.  If this is the wrong list, perhaps someone could
direct me (privately) to the correct listserv.  I have been a lurker on
this list for a while now, and find it extremely enlightening and helpful
for my environmental science / earth science classes.

Thanks!

Jim Boyer
Science Department
Saint Joseph Academy