Re: Feduccia's errors

From: Ronald Orenstein <ornstn@inforamp.net>
 > - he [asserts that] all the similarities between birds
 > and theropods must be the result of convergence, though they lived very
 > different lives, but it does not seem to occur to him that the
 > similarities he notes between birds and such probably arboreal forms
 > as Longisquama might also be the result of convergence).

Indeed, given that all established cases of substantial convergence
involve organisms with very similar lifestyles, I would say that
the latter convergence is more likely than the first.  I see little
surprising in covergence between an arboreal insectivore like
_Longisquama_ and early birds.

The peace of God be with you.