Re: Nanotyrannus

From: "Tim Williams" <T.Williams@cclru.randwick.unsw.edu.au>
lliams and Dr. Holtz mentioned in posts that there is some

 > Proponents of _Nanotyrannus_ claim that there is certain other
 > evidence that can be used to distinguish this skull from _T. rex._ -
 > including tooth count (?maxilla, I can't remember)

Oops.  Not good enough, as there is considerable evidence for
ontogenetic and individual variation in tooth count.  If that is
the only sort of feature left after the CAT scan is eliminated,
then it is could indeed be questionable.

The peace of God be with you.