Re: new aspect of extinction-NO

From: Russ Andersson <randersson@monmouth.com>
 > change in rotation rate so it looks like a bigger number, you still
 > just get
 >
 > deltarate = 1.2E-6 PERCENT, ie 1.2E-8 = 1 millisecond

Well, that about says it all.

Can't say I am really surprised - I just didn't have the equations
handy to compute this. I just knew that a more or less tangential
impact was the way to get the largest possible rotational change.

Since the above is about the maximum change, any change made by the
flyby of an asteroid would probably be down in quantum land.

The peace of God be with you.