Re: bulldog tyrranosaurs

Adam Yates wrote:

>A few days ago Tom Holtz  made a comment about the "short snouted
>bulldogedness" of Albertosaurus sarcophagus. I found this intriguing
>because the skull I had been assuming represented the species (the skull
>called "A. arctunguis" by Greg Paul in PDOTW) certainly does not fit
>this description.

If I remember correctly, the type specimen of _A. arctunguis_ is
headless.  The holotype for _A. sarcophagus_ is a crushed skull.  The
two specimens also come from different formations.

_A. arctunguis_ is usually regarded as a slender morph of _A.
sarcophagus_.  Future research may show it to be a different species
altogether.

Tim Williams