Re: Checking out a rumor

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Stan Friesen wrote:

> I have heard a rumor that some Creationists (aka anti-evolutionists)
> have taken over the excavation of a prolific dinosaur bonebed
> because the owner of the ranch is a Creationist.
>
> Does anybody here know: is there any truth to this rumor??

I have heard some 3 years ago that a bonebed in Texas near the Oklahoma
border had a great dinosaur dig site for Acrocanthosaurus, the site was or
still is being worked (without much care).  The formation is Antler I
think.  Apparently 2 beautiful skulls where uncovered and ruined.  I hope
this is not true.

---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)