Re: COMP-so-NAITH-us?

The rules for pronouncing dinosaurs names are rather loose. For example, when
I was an urchin I called Diplodocus Dip-low-dock-us. Later I learned to say
two variations of Di-plod-a-cuss with the second syllable pronounced either
as plod or with a low in the center. Someone told me that my childhood method
was the closest to the original Greek. On the other hand, when I wrote out
the name for my Greek landlords they used one of the second styles, I cannot
remember which.

GSPaul