Re: birthday

> In a message dated 97-02-12 11:17:59 EST, MNHPB018@SIVM.SI.EDU (Mike
> Brett-Surman) writes:
>
> << February 12 is the birthday of CHARLES DARWIN >>
>
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Darwin and Abe Lincoln born on
> the same DAY (Feb 12 1809), not just the same date? (My biographical
> dictionaries are all back in Buffalo...)

True. And I have, indeed, been honouring the day appropriately. I even answered
the telephone by wishing a caller "Happy
Charles Darwin's Birthday," only to discover it was one of our local
fundamentalist Christian schools calling to arrange a
class visit to the Planetarium. Oops.

                                             -= Tuck =-
                                          tuckr@digital.net
    | Visit the Astronaut Memorial Planetarium & Observatory            |
    |Web Page at http://www.brevard.cc.fl.us/~planet/                        |

P.S. Check out our CCD photos of Comet Hale-Bopp on JPL's Hale-Bopp web page.