Indian dino eggs?

        I saw a notice recently, either here or elsewhere, that villagers
on the subcontinent had been finding fossilized dino eggs for quite some
time, but scientists only recently discovered it.  Can this be true?  I was
under the impression that our knowledge of Mesozoic life in India was nil
because the eruption of the Daccan Traps obliterated everything.  I would
appreciate knowing more about these eggs, and any other Mesozoic remains
from the subcontinent.  Thanks!

bruce

        "The more television I watch, the more I wonder why I'm not already
supreme ruler of earth."  --Dogbert