Re: Asteroid impact finally confirmed?

> From: skeptics_talk@vmetze.mrl.uiuc.edu (Mark O'Leary)
> > but the main killer would be the century or so of low light
> > and wintry conditions ...
>
>I seriously doubt it would last *that* long.
>
>The best climatic models of this sort of thing show a much weaker,
>and much briefer, effect than the oldest, most dramatic "nuclear
>winer" models.  I suspect the worst one would get is a decade or
>so of autumnal conditions, not centuries of wintery conditions.
>
>swf@elsegundoca.ncr.com         sarima@ix.netcom.com
>
>The peace of God be with you.

        For big animals used to tropical conditions worldwide, who were
already declining, this may have been enough.  I think the bolide was the
coup de grace, rather than the whole & entire cause of the dinos'
extinction.

bruce

        "The more television I watch, the more I wonder why I'm not already
supreme ruler of earth."  --Dogbert