LW - - kel "timidly" speaks

Jeffrey Martz wrote:

> > But it's very unlikely the general public that swallows fiction as  > >
> > fact will ever SEE any honest representation of paleo if their      > >
> > interests are not first sparked.
>
> Again, the (in my opinion unreasonable) assumption is that the real
> thing is uncapable of sparking interest.  Why is that?

Okay, Jeff, let me try to carefully SHIFT my sentence structure and
punctuation so you get my (more accurate) meaning:

But it's very unlikely that some segments of the general public - -
those that blindly swallows fiction as fact - - will ever SEE any honest
representation of paleo if their interests are not first sparked.

Some segments of American society won't see a two-by-four until it lands
square between their eyes.  THOSE segments might see the reality of
paleontology as dull, until better informed.  I mean, some people see
calculous as dull. Some see crossword puzzles as a waste of time. Some
people even see innuendo as being borish (heh...girl writer makes fun of
herself).

My thinking doesn't pertain to those people clever or intellectually
hungry enough to see paleontology for the speculative jewel that it is.
In short, what I am saying is this - -  if it takes a little razzle
dazzle to inspire the blind to see, so be it.

kel - - girl dino writer
(takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin')

:)