Re: why larger?

At 06:14 PM 2/19/97 -0500, Dinogeorge wrote:
><< I'd still like to know what makes a dwarfing event different from a
> speciation event. >>
>
>Let's figure out what makes a "speciation event" first.
        It's been a while, but the model of speciation (ie. biological
model) which I remember involves:
        1) reproductive isolation for an extended period
        2) selection pressure for change in the phenotype

        Even the most conservative dwarfism scenarios involve:
        1) reproductive isolation for an extended period
        2) selection pressure for change in the phenotype

        "Tick you're a dwarf, tock, you're a new species...
         Tick tock, tick tock..."

        Wagner