Paleo Bloopers

Okay, okay, I apologize at the get go, but it's an assignment, it's a
living, a girl's gotta eat.

My editors at Dinosaurus want me to write a round up of classic,
historic paleo bloopers - - blush inspiring errors that prove the
science of paleontology is alive and ever changing and subject to human
error.

Their point? Teach kids it's okay to mess up, as long as you are sincere
in your quest for the truth.  Also to inspire them to question "fact" as
has always been a golden thread in paleontology, no?

Anyone care to share with me their favorite historic boo-boo?  I.E. The
wrong head on the Carnegie sauropod.

Thanks in advance!

kelly milner halls
girl dino writer