Re: islands in the Pacific-was Re: mammal mystery

Bettyc@flyinggoat.com wrote:

>Montara Mountain, the mountain I live next to here in N Cal., is >likely a
cretaceous island remnant (granite formed in the >Pacific during the
Cretaceous-and the only spot in the Bay >Area constantly above the water line
since the early >paleozoic)-and you can bet I'm hoping they vote for the
tunnel >to go through, since this increases the chances of finding
>some-ummm-stuff........

One can always hope for fissue-fills...

Caitlin R. Kiernan