Re: DINOSAUR and mammal BEHAVIOR

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Jonathon Woolf wrote:
> [...]
> with the beak.  When you think about it, putting a killing weapon on the
> foot makes very little sense (to me, at least). Feet have to be on the
> ground most of the time, don't they?

That's not a sufficient and compelling argument against. Using your feet
as weapons gives an extra advantage in either food procurement or defense.

Four footed animals have to consider their feet as weapons. They may not
have much else. A horse's kick can kill you, making it a killing weapon;
yet their feet stay on the ground most of the time.

+----------+    Rich Travsky   RTRAVSKY @ UWYO . EDU
+----------+    http://plains.uwyo.edu/~rtravsky/