Re: Paleo Bloopers

KMH writes;

>Anyone care to share with me their favorite historic boo-boo?  I.E. The
>wrong head on the Carnegie sauropod.

My favorite, and still unresolved, error deals with Marsh's naming of
"Theropod" and "Ornithopod;" in terms of foot description, the names are
bass-ackwards from what they should be.  The word "Theropod" means "Beast (or
mammal) foot," a term that better describes an _Iguanodon_ foot; "Ornithopod"
means "Bird foot," which better describes an _Allosaurus_ foot.  Go figure.

Rob Meyerson
Orphan Vertebrate Paleontologist

***
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.