Re: T. rex Sense of Smell

John Cys wrote:
>  What is the latest consensus on T. rex's
> sense of smell?
>       They had a relatively great sence of smell. The olifactory lobes
of the brain are about as big as the rest of the brain.

        My view is they would charge up, break (head relative to body by
pulling back head) and bite, rip out a chunk and stand back (they did
not wrestle their prey). If the animal did not drop from shock and blood
loss, they would track it with their great nose and finish it off when
it did drop.

Jim Kirkland