Re: DINOSAUR BEHAVIOR

Jeffrey Martz wrote:

> > customized cutlery?  More than once I've come back to the thought that
> > among mammals, only cats have claws that look even remotely like a
> > dromaeosaur's inner one, and cats do use those claws for something
> > besides killing.

I have watched a cat gut a rabbit with its hind claws while holding the
head and throat with its mouth and forelegs.

>      That is something I have been meaning to ask for a while; I have
> heared that the "edge" of the Deinonychus toe claw is actually really
> rounded like a hand claw, rather then having a sharp edge.
> LN Jeff
> O-No way!

Having described Utahraptor and studing much of the known material of
other species, I can tell you that you could shave with them. In JP (I
have a cast) the claws on the "rators" are much too dull.

Jim Kirkland