Re: THE LOST WORLD

Jeffrey Martz wrote:
 >     Again, the (in my opinion unreasonable) assumption is that the
real
> thing is uncapable of sparking interest.  Why is that?

1)Paleontologists are mostly rather un-assuming people.  Pretty boring
UNLESS you are already interested in the subject (except that fellow
with the beard and hat on all those tv shows about dinosaurs, of course
;]  ).
To the media's audience.

2)Rocks are boring to look at until someone who knows how to look at
them right can show you what interesting things are there.

3)It's hard work!  Yucky-poo poo!  Heat, cold, mud, scorpions, carrying
heavy rocks, snakes, and mostly not finding things.

-Betty