links and JP/Lost World

    Greetings all,

        First of all, I'm looking for some links for the Alberta
Palaeontological Society web-page. Particularily, I'm interested in
anything to do with amateur/avocational and Alberta palaeontology
(and perhaps that of the rest of Canada as well). Any links would be
greatfully appreciated.

        The APS on the web can be found at:
        http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094/aps.html

        Sigh, now it's time to get my feet wet in the great JP/Lost
World debate. As I've said before (in one of this thread's previous
incarnations a half a year ago) the fact that JP was wrong does not
bother me. The oversize Raptor[tm] superbeasts don't bother me, the
spitting Dilophosaurus doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the
fact that they LIED about it. Spielberg out and out LIED to the face
of every person who saw that film. They KNEW that they were getting
these things drastically wrong(my sources on the inside told me so;-),
and knowing that, they still proceeded to LIE about it's "absolute
scientific accuracy"... A fact that seems quite convenient for the
"it's only fiction! Take a pill for God's sake!" camp to neglect. I
could buy that it was only fiction (and very bad fiction at that) if
James Earl Jones and Steven Spielberg and Stan Winston and Phil
Tippet and all the rest of them didn't keep perpetrating the LIE that
it wasn't. They wouldn't let it be fiction because they had to keep
harping on how it was all "scientific eventuality" and "absolutely
correct" and all the rest of those LIES. And if you want a ref. on
these claims, sit back and watch _The Making Of Jurassic Park_.

        Sure, damage would have been done if they left it alone, but
the public would be aware that it was just fiction. Now untold damage
has been done because JP is telling them THE TRUTH.

        Thanx for the eye time
        Cory

*         Cory Gross         *     the Text of Palaeogothica      *
* gros4891@adc.mtroyal.ab.ca * http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094 *
   *Alberta Palaeontological Society*Science Alberta Foundation*
       *U2*Christian Death*Bauhaus*Switchblade Symphony*NIN*
                     *ThE mINd Is mY PlaYPeN*