Dinosaur behavior.

I very much enjoyed the two scenarios offered by Brian Franczak.  I would
vote for the less cooperative version.  As a corollary to that: is it
likely that communal nest defence could evolve?  In hunting the benefits
of food are immediate and hunger would tend to drive all toward the common
goal of killing the prey. But why would an unrelated dinosaur aid aniother
to protect her eggs?  I speculate that parental investment in an egg is
too low for altruism to evolve except, perhaps, in close kin (like the
Florida scrub jay).