Re: links and JP/Lost World

jamolnar@juno.com wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:58:37 -0700 Palaeogothica
> <GROS4891@Adc.MtRoyal.AB.CA> writes:
> What does bother me is the fact that they LIED about it. Spielberg out
> and out LIED to the face of every person who saw that film. They KNEW
> that they were getting these things drastically wrong(my sources on   > the
> inside told me so;-), and knowing that, they still proceeded to   > LIE about
> it's "absolute scientific accuracy"... A fact that seems    > quite
> convenient for the "it's only fiction! Take a pill for God's > sake!" camp to
> neglect.<

Wait, wait, wait.  Assuming your "insider" was correct and Spielberg's
troops knowingly misrepresented the facts (I'll concede such a thing is
not beyond the realm of possiblity), when did anyone at that camp
publicly claim "absolute scientific accuracy?"  Was I writing about the
history of marbles?  Shopping for delicates?  Slapping the wacky?

Nah, I don't think anyone at Amblin or Universal EVER said, "Jurassic
Park and The Lost World are a stab at absolute scientific accuracy." It
was a MOVIE - - FICTION.  Not a documentary - - supposed fact.  THAT is
the "take a pill" line of thinking here.  And perhaps it's a thought
worth restating.

*kel (out on a limb again with the slap the wacky thing)
Girl Dino Writer (unless Spielberg has infected my ethics)

<g>