Re: Calling people's arguments "pedestrian"

An impassioned plea follows.

May I request, humbly, of all posters that we treat each other with the
respect that we all deserve? Let me briefly explain why I ask this.

There are many people who think I'm foolish for continuing to love
prehistoric animals after the age of 12.  This is a silly bias on their
part but it still is intimidating to have to defend your interests.  On
this mailing list I can let down my guard and talk dinosaurs (actually,
mostly read dinosaurs) with people who passionately share my interests;
better yet, paleontologists answer my questions and sometimes set me
straight!

So lets all remember that we're among friends and agree to courteously
disagree without ad hominum attacks on each other.

Let's also show Mickey (and each other) that we're not the kind of people
who need constant supervision to take the high road.

End of sermon!

Larry