Hung like a megalosaur (was Re: Paleo Bloopers)

> I thought the "fossilized scrotum" thing WAS a dinosaur bone, eventually
> attributed to Megalosaurus.  At least one bone I'm remembering was.

The broken-off end of a Megalosaurus thigh-bone (if I remember
correctly).

Don't forget _Aachenosaurus_, the "hadrosaur" which turned out to be a
piece of petrified wood.

And _Suchinodon_, the Polish "titanosaur" named from what was later
shown to be something of molluscan origin.

All honest mistakes, though.

Tim Williams