Re: Paleo Bloopers

>I believe it was actually O.C. Marsh who thought that the horn cores of
>ceratopsians were those of a bison.  Jane
>

> Jane P. Davidson PhD
>University of Nevada Reno
>fax 702-784-6655
>http://home.aol.com/Jdhexen

        It's easy to laugh now, but remember: those horn cores were the
first ceratopsian fossils ever scientifically examined.  He corrected
himself once he a more complete skull to study--even though he did believe
the beasties were variants of stegosaurs.

bruce

        "The more television I watch, the more I wonder why I'm not already
supreme ruler of earth."  --Dogbert