Re: MONONYKUS' SKULL (SECOND TRY)

At 14:31 22/02/97 -0500, Peter Buchholz wrote:

>There is no footnote associated with this statement, so I am asking, has
>there been a new unpublished skull of _Mononykus_ found, or is this the same
>smashed skull as illustrated in the monograph?

No, this isn't the same holotype skull. They have several new specimens,
including several complete skulls, with nearly perfect preservation. They
(Chiappe, Norell and Cia.) are preparing a paper describing the skull of
_Mononykus_ to be published soon, but soon can be several years. You know.
Nino.
Bernardino P. Perez-Moreno                   Fax: 34-1-3978344
Unidad de Paleontologia                      E-mail: Nino@uam.es
Departamento de Biologia                     Phone: 34-1-3978139
Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
28049 - Madrid
SPAIN