Re: Behaviour Bias

From: jamolnar@juno.com

 > On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 02:12:48 -0500 (EST) Gothgrrl@aol.com writes:
 >
 > >I know of no direct evidence of _Deinonychus_ "packs" preying on
 > >_Tenontosaurus_, but this is not my area of specialty, and I may have
 > >missed
 > >something.
 >
 > My impression of reading John Ostrom's descriptions were that the
 > fossils pointed to the cooperative killing rather than scavenging,
 > but this was a long time ago and I don't remember how (or if) he
 > eliminated the scavenging option.

A more recent article provided evidence to support group hunting
of _Tenontosaurus_ by _Deinonychus_.  It also suggested that _T._
was the principle prey item for _D._.

The evidence included: repeated association of _D._ teeth, and
occasioanlly skeletons, with _T._, the nature of the damage to
the _T._ skeletons, and the distribution of the bones.

P.S. are you related to the Molnar that _Styigivenator molnari_ is
named after?

The peace of God be with you.