Carnosaurs

Tom Holtz:

> >Pilots bitch about airplane movies.  Sailor gripe about nautical movies.
> Cops reject crime/hero movies.  The list goes on.

You should hear my dog's gripes about Lassie movies.  Phew!  Don't
get her started!

> The support for a monophyletic "Carcharodontosauridae", however, was not as
> firm as before: it was present in some trees; in others, Giganotosaurus lay
> outside either an ((Acro + Carcharo) + Allosauridae) or an (Carcharo + (Acro
> + Allosauridae)) clade.

I believe that, after examination of the new skull, certain
paleontologists have very strong views that _Acrocanthosaurus_ is NOT
a carcharodontosaurid.

By the way, does anyone have a reference concerning the description
of this new Acro skull?

Tim Williams