Re: Orenstein's pedestrian arguments.

The FAU mascot is the burrowing owl which does dig burrows for itself. It
is threatened and so I have occasionally gone to football fields etc., to
remove owls that otherwise would be killed.

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 PELLUCIDAR@aol.com wrote:

> > I belive the pygmy owl of the Sonoran desert may be a (limited)
> >  burrower.
>
> This animal does nest in burrows, however these are confiscated from other
> animals (i.e. rodents)...I'm not certain if the owls do any actual digging
> themselves.  But I bet Mr. Orenstein would know--take it away Ron!
>
> Mitch ~/^)

Diving Dinosaur, Geologist/Oceanographer/Ocean Engineer, 44 years SCUBA
mcallist@gate.net (954) 426-0808, Author Diving Locations, Boynton/Dania