Re: _Neovenator_

 >         _Neovenator's_ ilium looks a heckuva lot like the ilium of
 > _Metriacanthosaurus_!  Specifically, they both have a sharply angled
 > postacetabular process.

 I took a look at Steve Hutt et al.'s paper last night and, gadzooks,
 you're right.  Unfortunately the ilium (or what's preserved of it) is
 only shown in the reconstruction of the entire skeleton, and is not
 individually figured.  Still, this part of the ilium is similar.

 >         Further investigation of _Stokesosaurus_, which I have previously
 > suggested had a similar hip, shows that the ilium of that taxon only appears
 > to have the sharply angled postacetabular process when the ilium is viewed
 > at a slight angle (as the lower picture in Madsen 1976 shows).

 I have _Stokesosaurus_ pegged as a possible Late Jurassic
 tyrannosaurid.  A tyrannosaurid-like braincase from Cleveland-Lloyd
 quarry has been tentaively referred to this beastie.  Wait and see.

 Tim Williams

 This