Re: [Fwd: Re: NOVA]

Jonathon Woolf wrote:

> Then they're doing things as they should, and no one should give them
> any trouble as long as they observe the law of the land.  BHI didn't, > so
> BHI got burned.

Depends entirely on who you believe, Jonathon.  And either way, science
got screwed.  At least in Pete's hands (a degreed paleontologist devoted
to careful record keeping and furthing the science), Sue would have been
here to study and enjoy.  As it stands, she may end up in Japan.  In
fact, I'd be willing to bet on it.

> IMHO you're being too hard on Horner.

I agree.  Jack was actually great on the NOVA special, with regards to
commercial collection.  I was impressed, but not surprised. I like Jack.
He's been very generous in my attempts to bring paleo facts to the young
readers of the U.S. (and any other country's kids that might read me).

> The duckbill baby bones were actually being kept in the Brandvolds'
> house, not their museum, because they didn't have even a wrong idea of
> what the bones were.  (DIGGING DINOSAURS, p. 33-4)

Again, the facts depend on who's telling the story JW.  Moderation is a
good practice in all subjective arenas.  I'd recommend a healthy dose
when it comes to issues of collection.

kel, girl dino writer