Theropod Teeth/Lizard lips

All,
       Just my hypothesis:  based on educated thought:  I do not believe that
ANY theropods had to have, or did have, exposed teeth, when there mouths were
closed, even T rex, and Ceratosaurus could have had thick/wide lower lips to
contain the upper teeth for a Lizard/Tuatara lip-like tightly closed mouth
(and I am not suggesting that Dinosaurs were lizards).

        Overhanging teeth make biting , and cutting into flesh next to
impossible, and this fights the theory of theropods using their jaws like
cookie cutters, which I believe they DID.  How can tooth work against tooth
when they are separated by a gap of flesh?

         Thomas Dickens