RE: Theropod Teeth/Lizard lips

Thomas said:

        Overhanging teeth make biting , and cutting into flesh next to
impossible, and this fights the theory of theropods using their jaws like
cookie cutters, which I believe they DID.  How can tooth work against
tooth
when they are separated by a gap of flesh?

This last statement makes me slightly nervous. You do know that the
structure of the jaw meant that dinosaurs had no side to side movement
for grinding like modern toothed mammals, merely an up and down motion
(as in birds who no longer have any teeth), therefore tooth-gnashing
wouldn't be working quite like modern carnivores' do.

 -Betty