Re: Sabre Tooth tiger DNA reconstruction

Dear all,

I recently heard a rumour that research is currently underway to try to find
the 'recipe' for the DNA make up of the sabre tooth tiger, using a
combination of fossilized materials and knowledge about the DNA composition
of contemporary 'big cats'.  Sounds crazy doesn't it?!
If anyone knows anything about this/has any comments, please email me. I will
post anything that I find out to the list.

Thanks and happy new year!

Jonathan Owen