Croc/dino dentition comparisons

Paul Willis (et al) wrote:

> In crocodilians and predatory dinosaurs with an overbite dentition, the two
> sets of teeth work against each other like a pair of scissors. The

<snip> !

are you sure croc teeth work like this? The films I've seen of crocs feeding do
not show this at all. The croc drags the animal into the water , grabs an
available bit of anatomy (a leg, say) and then spins in the water until the leg
is torn off. It then swallows the piece wholemeal. There seems to be no cutting
action at all. As the carcass decays, tearing lumps off becomes easier
(although the film of corcs eating wildebeest showed all crocs eating (in
hierarchicahl order) the same animal, so in this instance not mcuh was left
over.

martin