Re: Figthing dinosaur ecology

At 11:30 AM 1/5/97 +1030, you wrote:
>Anyone got a reference for the interpreted ecology these two fighting
>dinos we've been talking about have typically been found in?  Not just
>in this instance, but in a more general sense?

Some places to start (actually, two papers in the same volume):

Jerzykiewicz, T., P.J. Currie, D.A. Eberth, P.A. Johnston, E.H. Koster, and
J.-J. Zheng.  1993.  Djadokhta Formation correlative strata in Chinese Inner
Mongolia: an overview of the stratigraphy, sedimentary geology, and
paleontology and comparisons with the type locality in the pre-Altai Gobi.
Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 30:2180-2195.

Eberth, D.A.  1993.  Depositional environments and facies transitions of
dinosaur-bearing Upper Cretaceous redbeds ata Bayan Mandahu (Inner Mongolia,
People's Republic of China).  Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 30:2196-2213.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661

        --O.C. Marsh, Vice Presidential Address, AAAS, August 30, 1877