RE: crocs eating hadrosaurs (was Gr. 9 sci proj)

and Wayne said:
>>Manatees are saltwater animals, not freshwater like the American
>>alligator.

um, actually, the Manatee WINTERS in the Florida freshwater rivers and
lakes. I've been to Crystal Springs in Florida (found a fossil manatee
tooth, too) which is one of their wintering areas, and the spring keeps
the temperature steady enough in the winter to keep the manatees happy
(and too cold to keep the alligators active so they aren't there in the
winter)

 -Betty