Re: Feduccia ORIGIN

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Stan Friesen wrote:

> I still do not have an answer to my question: what is the distribution
> of anisodactyl feet (first toe turned backwards) in dinosaurs?

        Wasn't there a study saying that the apparent presence of
anisodactyl theropod tracks was due to the angle at which digit 1 entered
the mud?
        I guess the thing to do would be to look at some really good
articulated material- i.e. Velociraptor , Oviraptor, etc.- with little or
no alteration by decay before death- and se. Does anybody out there have
some photos they could take a look at?